Dead Sea Mud can be used in its raw form or as an active substance in many cosmetic products, such as shampoos, soaps, face masks, and salt scrubs. It contains a high percentage of mineral salts and essential vitamins for the body which is why it has a very wide range of uses.
The natural form of Mud is collected from the shores of the Dead Sea, which is known for its high salinity. The best part is that it is suitable for all skin types, and cosmetic products can be adjusted by adding emollients and natural oils to enhance its effectiveness and target many skin concerns.
Benefits of Dead Sea Mud
- Treats rheumatism and arthritis and skin disorders like psoriasis, eczema and acne
- Provides relaxation and tranquility
- Improves natural skin process and stimulates the activity of all skin layers
- Moisturizes the skin, brings back its flexibility and energy, resulting in more rejuvenated skin
- Helps in soothing muscle aches
- Activates blood flow and improves circulation
- Raises body temperature which stimulates sweating, ridding the skin of toxins
- Increases metabolic rate which stimulates fat burning and weight loss
- Nourishes hair, giving it strength and shine
- Moisturizes the scalp and gets rid of dandruff
- Clears dark spots and blemishes
- Reduces wrinkles by stimulating the production of collagen and tightening skin
- Calms skin irritation
- Tightens the abdomen and buttocks
- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks caused by pregnancy or weight gain
- Treats cracked heels
How to Use Dead Sea Mud
Using Dead Sea Mud as a Face Mask:
- Remove any makeup and clean your face using your regular cleanser
- Wet your face with lukewarm water
- Apply Dead Sea MudOn your face and leave it for 15 minutes if you have normal/combination skin. If you have oily skin, leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water
- Apply your moisturizer and you’re good to go!
Using Dead Sea Mud as a body mask:
- Wet your skin with warm water
- Apply Dead Sea Mud onto your entire body and leave it for 30 minutes
- Rinse it off with warm water
Using Dead Sea Mud as a hair mask:
- Wet hair with warm water
- Apply Dead Sea Mud on your scalp and all the way down to the ends
- Massage your scalp to stimulate blood circulation
- Cover with a shower cap and leave it on for 30 minutes
- Rinse your hair thoroughly
It is recommended to use Dead Sea Mud twice a week to get the full benefit of its vitamin and mineral content.
Do NOT use if you have:
- Acute inflammation of hair follicles
- Bronchial asthma or emphysema.
- Sensitivity when you used it the first time
- Fungal lesions on the skin or any fungal infection
- Tuberculosis in any of its forms
- Acute infectious diseases
- High temperature
- High blood pressure
Caution: Avoid contact with Eyes. If you are pregnant, nursing, or taking any medications, consult with your doctor before use.