The Dead Sea is one of Earth’s saltiest bodies of water. Throughout history, is has been praised for its healing and therapeutic properties.
Since the beginning of time, people have used water from the Dead Sea to treat a multitude of illnesses and skin conditions. However, Dead Sea salt has especially added benefits.
Dead Sea Salt contains a high concentration of minerals including magnesium, bromide, sulfur, zinc, and sodium. When absorbed through the skin, they all reap many health and beauty benefits.
Benefits of Dead Sea Salt
1. Reduces Acne
Do you suffer from acne on your back and face? Try using Dead Sea salt! It contains zinc and sulfur which work to open your pores and unclog them. Use it as a gentle scrub or by adding it to your baths.
- Dandruff Treatment
Say goodbye to dandruff with Dead Sea salt. The sulfur and sodium content of the salt helps remove dandruff flakes on the scalp and prevent its reformation. It can also help remove excessive oils and dirt that contribute to the formation of dandruff. You can either use it as a spray or as a scrub.
- To make your own Anti-Dandruff treatment Spray, Dissolve 1 teaspoon of Dead Sea salt in 1 Cup of water then add 1 teaspoon Aloe Vera gel, 1 teaspoon coconut oil and 5 drops of tea tree essential oil. Store this in the refrigerator. Spray the mixture all over your scalp 20 minutes before your shower.
- Treats Psoriasis & Eczema
Did you know that Dead Sea salt can help relieve the symptoms of psoriasis and eczema? It helps relief itchy skin while removing dry flakes and scaly patches of dead skin. We have the perfect recipe for a healing bath to relief psoriasis and eczema:
- Mix 1 Cup of fine Dead Sea salt with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. You can also add in 10 drops of lavender essential oil, but this is optional. Add this mixture into a warm bath and stir it to disperse the salt. Soak your body in it for 15 minutes. Repeat this twice a week.
- Fights Bad Breath
Dead Sea salt has many antiseptic properties and helps fight bad breath. Make your own mouthwash as follows
- DIY Mouthwash: Dissolve 1 teaspoon of Dead Sea salt. 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of Xylitol and 4 drops of peppermint essential oil into ¾ cup of warm water. Shake well and pour it in a bottle. Swish the solution in your mouth and between your teeth. However, do not swallow it!
- Get Rid Of Cellulite
Body scrubs, wraps and baths can be used to reduce the appearance of cellulite. Try this homemade body scrub and thank us later!
- Anti-Cellulite Scrub: In a bowl, add 2 tablespoons of fine Dead Sea Salt, 1 tablespoon coconut oil and 7 drops of grapefruit essential oil. Mix well and during your bath, scrub onto cellulite areas for 4 minutes after wetting your skin. Continue your shower routine as usual.