Throughout the day; the skin is exposed to different conditions such as Ultraviolet, sun-rays, dust, air pollution, harmful chemicals and other environmental conditions that might cause damage to the skin over time. It might also lead to the appearance of premature aging signs like wrinkles and fine lines. Before sleeping is considered the best time for taking care of your skin; as it repairs itself, and with continuous care it becomes healthier, and glowing, it also gets rejuvenated and blemishes are reduced gradually.
In this article we’ll introduce some tips for you to take care of your skin during night time.
The importance of night care routine.
Your blood vessels dilate during sleeping; which allows nutrients and oxygen to penetrate the skin layers and eliminate cellular toxins. With night care, these results are more achievable. Anti-aging products that are used at night contribute to the prevention of fine lines and wrinkles due to their ingredients that boost the production of collagen, and Elastin which enhance the skin elasticity and brighten tired and fatigue skin through night care and good sleep. The night care is also helpful for oily skin which is more prone to acne as it helps eliminating the bacteria that causes acne faster.
Tips for night care
- Makeup Removal: Use Makeup removers, this step is crucial during night care; when the skin is covered with makeup like lipstick, mascara, foundation, eye shadow pores are immediately clogged. This leads to uneven skin tone and to the formation of patches and acne. There are many ways to remove makeup such as makeup remover, facial wash, or makeup removal cream.
- Cleansing: wash your face with a suitable wash for skin type with light massage for few minutes. The face is then washed with lukewarm water. See our Facial Cleansing Milk
- Toner: Clean your face with Toner, it helps balancing the pH level of the skin in addition to enhancing skin texture
- Exfoliating: Use a suitable light Exfoliating Product to remove dead cells, and it is advised to exfoliate the skin twice a week. Try Dead Sea Treasures light Facial Scrub Cream
- Daily moisturizing: Moisturize your skin daily, is very useful for the skin. It helps removing dead cells, in addition to the nutrition and rejuvenation of skin. Choose a moisturizing cream or lotion that is suitable to the skin type. You can Also look our amazing Night Cream.
- Under eye cream: under eyes area is the first to show signs of aging, it is important to take extra care of this area, apply special creams that helps in moisturizing the area and reduce puffiness, dark circles and prevent wrinkles. Use a light cream that contains ingredients such as caffeine, peptides, antioxidants and brighteners. The cream should be applied at the inner corner of the eye and gently massaged towards the outer corner.
- Lip moisturizing: lips are soft, and they should also be taken care of during night in order to avoid chipped and pale lips. Apply Lip moisturizer daily and should be exfoliated once a week by using oils that maintain their appearance.
These are some additional tips for skin care at night:
- Sleep with hair tied back, and keep it off the face. Hair contains oils and dirt that when touches the skin it might cause pimples and Acne.
- Turn on the humidifier before sleep, especially during winter. It helps preventing the dryness of skin and soothes its irritation.
- Sleep on silk pillows and sheets. Silk is rich with natural proteins, in addition to 18 essential amino acids that keep the skin young and beautiful. It also prevents the formation of sleep lines on the face.
- Sleep between 7-8 hours daily. Lack of sleep leads to aging signs like wrinkles, dark circles under eyes, fine lines, and pale skin.
- ^ أ ب ت ث top10homeremedies, “10 Beauty Habits You Should Do Every Night”، top10homeremedies, Retrieved 23-08-2017. Edited.
- ^ أ ب Niesha (30-09-2015), “Night Skin Care Routine for Oily, Dry, Acne Prone skin”، tipsandbeauty, Retrieved 23-08-2017. Edited.
- ^ أ ب ت ث beautyhealthtips, “How to take care of skin before going to bed – Night skin care tips”، beautyhealthtips, Retrieved 24-07-2017. Edited.
- ^ أ ب ت ث Sarika Israni (30-01-2017), “10 Best Homemade Night Creams To Get Beautiful Skin”، stylecraze, Retrieved 24-08-2017. Edited.